THE CROSSFIT RULES
1. Arrive EARLY and stay late.
Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, if you are more than 5 minutes late, well you’ll just have to wait….for the next class.
2. If you forget to sign in, it’s 50 burpees.
And regarding any burpee penalties… you may cry and whine all you want, as long as we can hear you counting.
3. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience.
Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Check your ego at the door.
4. EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were kettlebells).
We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily.
5. Chalk is useful, even necessary.
It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust keeps breaking our vacuum cleaner!
6. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout.
Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
7. Grunting, screaming, cursing and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout.
There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful as there are little kids next door.
8. Never say, “I can’t”.
Self pity accomplishes nothing
9. Leave your personal/job/family problems at the door.
The gym is our sanctuary from all that crap. Make it yours.
10. The athlete is responsible for his/her own fitness, health and safety.
Our workouts are tough. The weights are heavy. If you need to pull back, or aren’t comfortable, tell the coach, and do so. This is being smart, not weak!
11. Don’t cheat.
Keep an accurate count. If you must “scale” a workout and reduce reps or load, fine. Just be honest and inform the coach.
12. Introduce yourself to newcomers
As they may need to revive your unconscious body later.
13. You will need to squat.
End of story. GET OVER IT!
14. You can scream, yell, swear, shout, cry, whimper, grunt, bleed and puke.
Just don’t quit!
15. Bring your friends and family
Because let’s face it…when you look like sh*t you don’t want to be around strangers.